WILDFIRE!

Gonna be trying to post more often for myself since the blog gets zero traffic. The last time I tried sending an email to people I ran into problems with someone's email address that must have been hacked and, as a result, I had to change passwords when xfinity security told me that there was some suspicious happenings on my email. So I will be posting for myself from now on and not worry about sending anything to anybody about my posts.

Today's image is from 2001 when Joyce and I were living in the Florida panhandle. I was a contract photographer for the Walton Sun (a fledgling weekly newspaper that was very photo friendly). In August of that year, wildfires jumped up everywhere in the panhandle. I was trying to document the firefighting efforts when I captured this image of two firefighters refilling their water tank before heading back out to a fire. These two firefighters were from a neighboring county assisting the efforts of Walton county firefighters.


 

Comments

Popular Posts