J, 1998

 In 1998, Joyce and I were working on a move to the Florida panhandle, a move we had been planning for five years. With our kids grown and on their own and we had become disillusioned with our jobs. We decided a move to the beach (a place we had been visiting since 1992) was just what the doctor ordered.

We had purchased a vacation home on a dune lake that had already survived a number of hurricanes including the Category 3 storm Opal. Our goal was for my wife to find employment that provided medical insurance and I would hang out my freelance photography shingle.

This shot was taken in March, 1998, about a month before our move to the beach. Our main home had already been sold and the vacation home was fully furnished so the stuff to move was minimal. This particular weekend we had loaded up our minivan with stuff and came down for a 3-day weekend. I convinced Joyce to model for me on the beach as I tried to increase my portfolio. Just a simple image here but what one cannot see is that she is nude underneath that simple dress.

I took several rolls of Tri-X that day but my imagination did not think to try a silhouette. Just a number of images among the trees along the beach and several nudes among the sand dunes. But this one is one I have always liked.

I will continue to review the rolls of film from that shoot along with others. Stay tune for what I hope will make an interesting photo journey of my lovely bride.

Comments

Popular Posts