PUTTING BLOG ON HOLD

 I have decided to put the blog entries on hold for a while. Since the pandemic started, I started losing my desire to shoot. Then I had a few health issues followed by a couple of somewhat invasive procedures and still have not, IMO, returned to feeling fairly healthy.

But as far as my photography, I have posted little in the last 18 months that has not been from my archives rather than recent. And now I just don't seem to care one way or the other. Eight years ago, I sold all my pro gear as I had entered "retirement" in favor of lightweight Fuji cameras. I paired down to a pair of X100S bodies, one with the TCL and one with the WCL. However, the fixed lenses that I hoped would inspire me to capture images like the great HCB have lost their initial appeal. As I look through my archives I had done most of my photography, both personal and work, with professional zoom lenses.

So, with this final posting for the foreseeable future, I plan on re-evaluating my gear. I may go back to my old Nikon setup that I used for street shooting which included a Nikon D2H and a Nikkor 18-200mm superzoom. OR I may rent a Fuji X-PRO2 and the Fuji 18-135mm for a trial. What I love about the newer mirrorless Fuji gear is the light weight and ISO range over the Nikon setup.

Anyway, here is my last posting for the near future. It is an image of my wife from over 41 years ago. We were on our very first Carnival cruise (TSS Festivale) in 1980 and were sitting somewhere on the Promenade deck. I was shooting with an Olympus OM-10 but don't remember what lens. It was also on Kodacolor film but I have converted it to black&white.

She just looked so pensive. I don't remember if I asked what she was thinking but it was the first time in her life that she was without the children she had given birth to. It was just us on a delayed (by almost 12 years!) honeymoon.



Comments

Popular Posts