COZUMEL, MEXICO

 Taken on our last cruise in early 2020 BEFORE the "pandemic scare" reared its ugly head. Here we are over a year later and cruising has STILL not resumed in US ports and are not expected to start until the July/August timeframe. In the meantime, my wife and I have had to suffer through nine cruise cancellations and finally pushed out bookings until December 2021 and are hopeful that we will be back on board then.

And, in case anyone is interested, according to worldometer.com the number of confirmed cases is still holding at around 2% worldwide with only 2% of the confirmed cases succumbing to the virus. In the USA, barely 10% of the population has been confirmed with the virus and only 2% of the confirmed cases succumbed to the virus. In other words, in my opinion, this NEVER was a true pandemic. It did satisfy the worldwide requirement for a pandemic but it did not, again in my opinion, satisfy the requirement of "affecting a large proportion of the population."

In any case, this image from Cozumel I grabbed as we were sitting at the Crazy King Burrito (see https://tinyurl.com/k5ucp65t) having lunch. The young lady came up ordered a "cerveza" and waited on her significant other to show up for lunch. I took this shot of her (wish she had been facing me) as a pair of teens rolled by on a rental scooter.



Comments

Popular Posts