Browsing....

 Shortly after being forced into retirement, I still needed something to get my creative juices going. Something other than just shooting at random but something that I could develop into a theme and possibly a book at some point. My wife also needed an outlet for her creative work and she found a local writers' club that, at least at first, gave her something.

While she is in her two-hour long club meetings each week, I usually walked down onto our town square to see what is going on. After several months of this effort, I found a theme that I thought would give me a direction. I was so used to having a creative end goal for publication in the newspaper whether I was out shooting sports, news, or features. Everything had a purpose for me to click the shutter when something caught my eye.

I started noticing a trend in some of the images over the first months that I was usually capturing at least two people in an image. This particular image was of a couple of University of West Georgia students browsing a free library down on the square.



Comments

Popular Posts