BUS STOP

In 2004, my wife and I returned for the second time to the United Kingdom for a photo trip. Again, we started in Edinburgh for a week and then traveled by train to London for another week. This was done in the late November/early December timeframe so we could enjoy the Christmas sights and sounds.

For this year's trip, I came with my latest photo prize, a Nikon D2H paired with the Nikkor 18-200mm superzoom and a Tokina 12-24mm wideangle zoom. For me, it was one of the best combinations of lens and camera for travel and shooting on the street.

This shot presented itself as we waited for the Edinburgh bus to take us downtown to the Princes Street Garden that was all set up with rides, an ice skating rink, and vendors selling Christmas items. The beauty in the image is my wife Joyce and she was carrying my backup camera at the time, a Nikon D100 paired with an MB-D100 battery pack.

I love how this image turned out with minimal manipulation in post processing.


 We would love to go back to the UK and, with a little bit of luck, maybe we will. Being avid ocean cruisers, I am considering a transatlantic cruise with a while in maybe both the UK and Europe. Only time will tell.

Comments

Popular Posts