EARLY NEWS SHOT

This shot was taken in early 1982. My wife and I were on a house hunting trip to California as I had accepted a systems engineer position with Martin Marietta Aerospace. I used my frequent flyer points to move to first class as we were flying from Washington Dulles International Airport to Los Angeles making it a several hour fight.

I, of course, had my camera (an entry-level Olympus OM-10 and a couple of zoom lenses) to document the trip. On the flight, this gentleman got up and was talking to someone in the seat in front of us. I thought it looked interesting and snapped a couple of frames.

When we arrived at Los Angeles, I waited in the terminal to see who the man was talking to. Turned out it was then-Senator Ted Kennedy. I tried taking a snap of Kennedy as he hurried through the terminal but failed to get a clear shot.



Comments

Popular Posts