THE BODY EXTRAORDINAIRE

I had been stringing for The Walton Sun for several years when I got an opportunity. I do not really remember how it happened but, somehow, I met a local pair of female body builders that were prepping for an upcoming competition in Panama City, FL.

As a member of the press, I was given access throughout the civic center and I happened on three fitness competitors in a backroom area. My first shot was a vertical that was just okay. But this shot provided a look I wanted. What caught my eye was the woman on the right as she exercised her biceps prior to going out onstage.

I shot this with an Olympus OM-4T and Tokina 80-200mm f2.8 lens at wide open. For some reason, I had the camera loaded with Kodachrome 64 transparency film as I thought maybe I could sell the images to fitness magazines and make some additional money. I made the woman's mirrored reflection my point of focus to help drive the eye to where I wanted it.

Never did submit the image to any magazines but a trio of images of our local fitness competitors did make the front page of one of the paper's sections. And, as usual, I converted the color image to monochrome for the blog.


 

Comments

Popular Posts