HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

 Today is the anniversary of the birth of America. I caught this shot while covering the Seaside Fourth of July parade back around the turn of the century. These two teenagers had decided to show their spirit by wearing stars&stripes suits to mark the occasion.

I used a Nikon F100 with a Tokina 80-200mm f2.8 Pro lens and Kodak Tri-X film. For the parade, I did my usual walk. I started with the beginning of the parade in Seagrove and then walked to Seaside (only like a mile and a half) as the parade slowly passed me by. That way I was able to shoot the parade participants as well as the crowds that lined County Road 30A.

Some years later, I decided to put together this self-published book of images that have a story behind them. The entire book can be reviewed at https://www.blurb.com/b/11207190-story-time.



Comments

Popular Posts