JOYCE, 1997

 In 1997, we were preparing for a move to our newly-purchased Florida vacation home permanently. I wanted to try and make it as a photographer and Joyce was looking into new avenues for herself. We made the move in 1998 and I eventually caught on with a small weekly and Joyce became a reporter for them a year or so later. Both of those positions lasted until the recession of 2008. I went back to a previous career field to keep medical and start a new 401k account until we both retired in 2012.

But, in 1997, I used my lovely bride as a model as I tried to improve my portrait skills. I was never really good at contrived portraits but became fairly proficient at street photography portraits.

This shot, however, is one of my favorites of my wife. As we both approach the age of 75 and our 54th wedding anniversary, I am continually amazed that she has stayed by my side and encourages me every day.



Comments

Popular Posts