16 YEARS WORTH

 When I decided to look over my time in photography and if it was worth my time to put together some self-published books, the first one I looked to do was on the Seabreeze Smooth Jazz Festival that I had covered from 1999 to 2014.

This first attempt was tough as I tried to edit through thousands of images taken of many artists over the 16 years. In the end, I did complete a first ediition. But in 2015, I learned Al Jarreau would be performing at the event and I decided to do a special edition as I had images of Jarreau from another event. I then sent it to the Seabreeze organizer and said to auction it off with the money going to a local charity that purchased instruments for high schoolers. It sold, I am told, for over $300. This image is of the front cover of that one-of-a-kind book. I also asked the organizer to try and have returning artists autograph their page.

This edition was a one book only publication. The original release, which is without Al Jarreau, can be reviewed at https://www.blurb.com/bookstore/invited/9610180/b59890419985dd8d70880847c0ceba024d2b8bd2



Comments

Popular Posts