I'M BAAAACK!

 Well, I have decided for my own [in]sanity to start my blog back up. Since no one was coming here anyway I just wanted something tangible for myself. My main goal is to talk about the images that I have shot over the years. So, with that in mind, here is my restart.

This image was captured in 2014 at my final appearance at the Seabreeze Jazz Festival in Panama City Beach, FL. I had covered the festival since 1999 at the first happening. That festival was just one evening and had maybe 300 people in attendance in Seaside, FL. I left the area in late 2012 and was unable to return in 2013.

This shot was of my wife. Ladies' hats were a big thing at the festival with a variety of styles showing up each year. In 2014, I had sold most of my pro Nikon gear from my newspaper days and had just a Fuji X100S and a Fuji X-E1 with a 1,8/85mm Nikkor lens attached. The X-E1 is what I used for this shot wide open at f1.8. Having taken images of my wife since 1970, I continue to do that even today in 2021. What I like about this image is the short DOF at the open aperture. While her facial features are slightly blurred, if one takes a look at the detail in her hat and hatband it is obvious that the lens did its job.


I will try and post daily as I look back through my decades of images for something that strikes my fancy. If you show up here, welcome and add a comment.

Comments

Popular Posts