NEVER BARK ALONE

 American college football fans are quite dedicated to their teams. Some fans really never grow up in my opinion. I find very little to cheer about with the top division of college sports as many are getting paid (especially with the recent NCAA rule changes) and could care less about their education. College is just a way to promote themselves to get that big contract at the professional level.

This guy is one of those who is still enamored of his designated college sports. Maybe I have just gotten too old to really give a crap about sports with all the virtue signaling that people like Kaepernick, "King" (in his own mind" James, etc. 

 

I think back to when I was fortunate to work as a news photographer for a small weekly. My sports people were a very small high school that none of the other newspapers bothered with. But these kids played for the sheer joy of competing. Most never expected to get any recognition outside their school.

I was treated almost as a member of the teams that I covered. The girls' softball team had me sit in the same place on their bus as they worked their way through post season play. It really was inspirational to watch the girls, most of whom had been playing together since grade school, keep pumping each other up.

Comments

Popular Posts