ESPRESSO BAR

 This shot was taken with one of my X100S bodies several years back. I am currently selling both of my black X100S cameras along with a WCL conversion lens (already sold the TCL).

"Why"? I never really got used to the leaf shutter and its restrictions on shutter speed at open apertures. It was fine indoors but, even in shade outside, the 1/1000 restriction I kept forgetting about. As I came (like most) from the DSLR world with Nikons for work and pleasure, it just was something that bugged me as I could always shoot wide open (f2) with a high shutter speed.

The second thing that bugged me was my Nikons were weather resistant. My D2H bodies that I used for a decade I never worried about in the rain even if I was out as tropical storms came rolling through with torrential rains!

So I am selling this stuff and looking to pick up a (weather resistant) X-PRO2 along with the Fuji 35mm f2 WR lens. I have looked at the X-PRO1 but with the addition of an adjustable diopter viewfinder and the focus point joystick along with the weather resistant sealing makes the later model more to my liking. Also the later model has an expanded ISO range over the previous model.

I can remember quickly changing focus point on my D2H without having to move the camera from my eye and keep the composition that I was looking for while getting the focus where I wanted it. I know I probably won't be as quick with the Fuji but, maybe with practice, I can reach a point I am happy with.

As for this image, it was taken just after I bought an X-E1 and Fuji 35mm f1.4. Never liked the styling of the X-E series and did not really need the extra stop of aperture. Those were sold quite quickly along with my last Nikkor lens that I used on it along with the 35mm. I like being able to shoot wide open and, like my last Nikons, I believe the X-PRO2 will satisfy those needs. I may get an additional lens for travel like the Fuji 18-135mm. I used to use a Nikkor 18-200mm on D2H bodies and loved the way the combo worked for travel as I could set the aperture wide open, set my focus, and quickly get the image that caught my eye.



Comments

Popular Posts