ON THE MOVE

 I had left the newspaper almost 4 years earlier but continued to shoot local events in the area just for my own benefit. I still had hopes for landing another pj position but they were quickly dwindling. I got this shot at a local concert one night. I was trying for something a little different so I was shooting at a slow shutter speed in the evening light. I got lucky here and timed the little girl just where I wanted her.


As usual, the gear was my trusty Nikon D2H and a Tokina ATX f4,0/12-24mm lens. The Tokina reviews put it at nearly the same as the Nikkor 12-24 but at half the price. I used Tokina pro-series of lenses for most of my photographic career. I find them to be sharp and quick to focus with my Nikons. I used a manual version of the Tokina 2,8/80-200mm and a Tokina 28-20mm when I was shooting Olympus cameras before the shift to autofocus.

Comments

Popular Posts