FLOWER POWER

 Another shot from my last trip to London in 2006. It was unlike any time I had been to the UK including when I stopped in the UK for liberty when my submarine stopped before heading to our homeport, Groton, Conn.

It was May and the flowers were blooming and the weather was deliciously warm. I even had to buy a couple of more shirts because I had brought mostly long sleeves.

Anyway, my wife and I were doing laundry in a local laundromat and I stepped outside to try and catch a few shots. Looking to my right, I noticed the local flower shop, Dovers Flowers on Churton Street in the Victoria/Pimlico are, had opened up for the day and the shop owner was lining the sidewalk with his pick of flowers to entice passers-by. I grabbed several shots that day but this one of the owner catching me shooting is one that has always brought a smile to me.



Comments

Popular Posts