OPPORTUNITY

 During the time I freelanced mainly for a local newspaper, commercial clients came my way offering better money for my efforts. A local beach/golf resort's marketing contacted me to do a series of editorial photographs spaced out over several months to capture various visitors and residents for the resort's monthly magazine.

While roaming the facilities one day, I was approached by this young lady who asked why I was taking photos. I told her what I was doing and showed her the permission letter from the resort. She was at the resort with her boyfriend and, while he was attending workshops during the day for his work, she just spent time roaming the resort. She offered to pose for me and who was I to say no.


I spent about an hour with her while shooting Kodachrome and Tri-X. We both had a lot of fun and made suggestions to each other for some of the shots. It was a real collaborative effort. In the end, several of the images were used over the years in the resort's magazine. This one, however, was not used as far as I know.

Comments

Popular Posts