NOT A PHOTOSHOP EXPERT

 This image of Joyce was taken in 1997 in our then vacation home in the Florida Panhandle. I have always try to ascribe to the cliche "you can't fix it in Photoshop!"

Nevertheless, I have tried with this image. I was working on some nudes with her at our new cabin and had opened the french doors to the balcony off our second-floor bedroom. What I did not pay attention to were several hot spots that hit the wall in the background. So, I thought I would try to use the clone tool to get rid of them.

It is obvious my technique leaves much to be desired. I mainly use Photoshop (version CS6) to crop and work on the contrast. I use the Nik Silver Efex plug-in for changing the images to monochrome and Genuine Fractals for re-sizing the images. But going beyond that I am a novice with Photoshop. I am trying to become more proficient but have not really challenged myself.

While this image has very noticeable flaws to even the casual observer, it works just fine as the background on my monitor.


 

Comments

Popular Posts