CAN YOU HEAR ME NOW?

A couple of years back, I started going through my archives of almost 50 years and created books along a number of themes. Today's images comes from a collection started around 20 years ago as laptops started popping up and WiFi connections started becoming the norm at many businesses. The title of this photo book was "Always Connected".

This image is from a trip to London in May 2006 as the wife and I were visiting the Somerset House. It had a gorgeous fountain which was enjoyed by many as the weather in May had become quite warm. In this shot, I was able to capture two people on their cellphones. For London, it is not an unusual photo. I have quite a number of images with two people on their phones that I will probably pick out at some future date.


 The gear was my usual Nikon D2H and a Nikkor 18-200mm f3.5-5.6 superzoom that was one of the best street shooting lenses I have owned. With the high shutter speed (1/8000 second) of the D2H, I could shoot wide open which was my style at the time. Add in that I could go from (in 35mm terms) from 27mm to 300mm with the one lens made me able to look for images close as well as distant.

Comments

Popular Posts