WORKING PRO

 I was covering a one-day jazz festival in Seaside, FL, when I met this Englishman in 2001. He was traveling across the States photographing what ever presented itself. The festival had as its star attraction Al Jarreau and he saw an opportunity for some good images.

He was using a pair of Leica M6 cameras. I believe one had a 35mm Summicron and the other with a 75mm Summicron. I don't remember the film he was using but it did not really matter. I, on the other hand, had recently switched from Olympus OM-4T bodies to a pair of Nikon F100 bodies with MB-15 battery packs. Plus I was using a pair of Tokina pro zooms in a 28-70mm f.26-2.8 and 80-200mm f2.8. Both of my F100s were loaded with Tri-X pushed to ASA1600.

Often I have looked at this image of him and tried to imagine what he was seeing through the viewfinder of the crowd. IMO, I think he probably came away with at least one good image of the ladies in the front row getting into the music.



Comments

Popular Posts