KIDS WILL BE KIDS

 I was roaming around just off our town square at the local arts center and was approached by these three kids as I walked through the entrance lobby. They ask me to take their picture and did a quick posing for me as I agreed. I fell in love with the different poses that each girl came up with and my eyes just keep moving from one face to the other. A few minutes after, I ran into the local newspaper staff photographer who had gone through shortly before I did. Don't know what kind of shot he ended up with but I got this keeper.


As a staff photographer for a decade for a small newspaper (similar to the one in my current area), I usually eschewed posed images as much as I could. If these girls had approached me back in those days I quite probably would NOT have taken their photo and that would have been my loss.

In the end, I gave each of the girls a business card for their parents if they wanted a copy of the photo. Sadly, I did not ever receive a request but this still is an image that I retain in my memory banks.

Comments

Popular Posts