IN MOTION

Grabbed this shot on my last trip to London in May 2006. I had my D2H paired with a Nikkor 18-200mm DX lens that I found great for street shooting back in the day. As one can see, the train was stopped at the station at Monument. I happened to catch this passenger on the move with only his shoe in focus. Fortunately, almost everything else in the frame was sharp. The camera/lens settings were ISO200, aperture at f8, shutter speed 1/4 second with the 18-200mm lens at 18mm (or 27mm in 35mm film term). The shot was handheld with the train stopped at the station and I was sitting which made it easy to handhold the camera.


I really enjoyed street shooting in London as it is such a diverse collection of cultures. Add in the historical value of the city and the fantastic theater life and one can always find something to entertain.

Comments

Popular Posts